CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 5, 2011

5 Birthdays and a Retirement

August was a busy month! Between my two families we had 5 birthday's to celebrate and 1 retirement.
The first of the month we celebrated on the Willis side at Michael and Missie's house. Heathers birthday was on the 9th, mine on the 15th and Adam's on the 28th. Then on the 12th Mickey retired from Lane after 31 years. 


Heather, me, Adam and Mickey

Heather's cake

My pineapple upside down cake! Yum Yum

Adam's strawberry cake

Mickey's retirement cake. It looks like someone wanted to test the icing.


The card! All three of Phil's siblings almost bought the same card. It was too funny. The best part...The card said something about buying my a gag gift put since I was already married to their brother they thought that was gag gift enough!!  It was too funny! Can't you feel the love?


Then on the 27th we had all the Steele's over for birthdays. Phil made homemade chicken and dumplin's and they were wonderful.  What's so neat about the Steele's August birthdays is that Gail's is the 5th, mine is the 15th and Bethany's is the 25th but I was due on Gail's birthday and came 10 days late and Bethany was due on my birthday and came 10 days late. We like to keep things consistent on the Steele side.



Bethany, me and Gail


My presents
Gail knows that I love kitchen stuff. She gave me this beautiful pitcher, bowls and spoons.


Aren't these beautiful!

My necklace. I have been wanting one of these forever. The Alexander's got me one for my birthday. I love it.


Amber and Addie Grace got me this monogrammed bag. It is great. Maybe a new church bag?


Addie Grace was happy with the evening's events.

The Alexander's relaxing.

August was a great month. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did.





0 comments:

Post a Comment