CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ball Season

Growing up I always played softball, usually with the girls from church. My friends and I even had a team in junior college. I always loved playing softball. But as I have gotten older and heavier I just can't play anymore. I guess if I really loved it that much I would try to lose the weight so that I can play again. My husband played ball when he was younger and our son played t-ball, coach pitch and little league for several years until he just didn't enjoy it anymore. Our daughter has never shown any interest in playing t-ball or coach pitch but she loves to play basketball. I have NO coordination so basketball is no where in my genes. My husband has a bad back so he is not able to play anymore but he does help coach the ladies team from our church, Belden Baptist. He has done this for the past several years and really enjoys it. He loves being outside and being as active as he physically can be. Right now with school still going on its hard for the kids to be able to go watch the games but as soon as school gets out this year (about a week later that usual because of all the snow we had at the first of the year) they will enjoy a couple of nights a week at the ball field with their dad. We have two nephews who will actually start playing t-ball this year. We are so excited to get to watch them play. Their is something about watching little kids play ball that is just so fun.
 
I have a uncle in the hospital right now. He is in intensive care and needs alot of prayers. He is diabetic and is having some major problems. Its so hard to watch the older people in your lives get sick. We lost our mother 16 years ago to cancer and daddy died 2 years ago from cancer. My mother only has one brother living and my dad has two brothers and a sister. My daddy's sister Gail is who I consider the closest thing that I have to a mother on this earth.  She, in my opinion, is the person that ties the whole family together. We, my sister and brother along with their families, try to get together for everyone's birthday and we always included Gail. We didn't grow up calling her Aunt Gail but she is a wonderful Aunt that I consider blessed to have.
One of the reasons that I wanted to started this blog is so that I can remind myself all the blessings that God has given me and my family. I thank Him for all that He has done for us, the good and the bad. We will always praise him no matter the situation.

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him.    Nahum 1:7

Have a blessed day!
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment