CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dieting sucks!!!

How do you like that title! It has been almost a year since I started this journey and I am down 65 lbs.  For that I am very proud and thankful.  And maybe today is just been one of those days but today I am not likeing the fact that I am doing this. 

I am stuck in my progress. I have not lost any weight in about a month BUT I have not gained any either. I'm still keeping up with my calories on My Fitness Pal and I am still exercising at least three times a week, mostly riding my indoor bike. The wonderful Mississippi weather is making it hard to walk outside like I like to do. Plus since the time has changed it is dark by the time that I get off work and there is just really not a good place to go walk after dark except for the mall and that is not where I like to walk. I have been going over to the VF Factory outlet some at lunch and walking and that's ok but I would much rather walk outside. Plus I have got to get some new shoes! I hoping I can find some after Christmas. I can honestly say that my legs, knees nor feet hurt after I walk so I am hoping that new shoes won't change that but the fact that the bottoms of my shoes have worn out reminds me that I do need new ones.

My plan for the remainder of the year is just to stick to my plan and to not go over board with eating. I feel like that that is completly doable for me and I am actually enjoying exercising. It's my "me time". Whether it is walking at lunch or riding my bike that is time that I am "alone". I may just be in the next room riding but with my music going or listening to the bible I am in my own world for at least 30 minutes. When January rolls around I will start hard and heavy trying to get things going again. I've got to do some tweaking to my eating and I just don't know what to do. A co-worker has lost a lot of weight doing the "slow carb" diet, bascially just eating alot of meat and no foods that are white or could be white. I am thinking about doing away with breadsof every kind and uping my water intake. That is just one of the many ideas that I have rolling around in my head.

Rae has started basketball this season. They had their first game this past Saturday and you could really tell that it. She was huffin and puffin after just a few minutes of running up and down the court. She was walking with me alot but once again since the time has changed she hasn't been going with me. That's another reason for me to find somewhere good at night to go. I don't want her to grow up and be embrassed by her weight. She's not really fat just thick but she is also about a foot taller than all of her friends. At 9 she is a 4" 11 1/2". I believe that she is going to be tall and if she is she will get it honestly. There are lots of tall people on both sides of our family. Brady is just about to pass me height wise. I still have him but just a tiny bit and I am hanging on to it for dear life. He just turned 13 (how can that be possbile) and has slimmed up so much. The pants that we bought him at the first of the school year are now to big! Which is a really good thing except they keep falling off of him.

Phil--I love that man but I truly wish that he would get on board of this weight loss journey with me. I know that part of his problem is that I keep buying things at the grocery store that I shouldn't and he keeps eating them. Normally when he sets his mind to doing something there is no stopping him. And I love that about him. I need to learn to be an encourager for him instead of a nagger to him. I love him just the way that he is but for his health I would love to see him lose some weight. It would be so much better for his back and his sleep. He has to sleep on a CPAP machine and recently his doctor order a oxygen meter for him to wear at night. When he wore it that  night his oxygen level was NOT GOOD AT ALL. It was really low like in the 70's. This really scares me. I know that I really have no room to fuss at someone about their weight but I really hope that he will join my on this journey. I might even have to change up this blog some and start posting on a regular basis if he does.

The Gum Tree--I am actually starting to think that I will not be ready for it by May. I have tried to start the C25K program a couple of times and I just physically can not do it yet. Maybe thing will change enough after the first of the year so that it will start being easier for me to do. I really hope so because as scary as running a 10K is to me it is something that I really would like to do.

Goals--I hit my first goal several months ago and I am only 8 lbs away from my next one. That goal is to weigh what I weighed when I got pregnant with Rae. I am close but not there yet. The next goal is to weigh what I did when I got pregnat with Brady. That's 30 lbs lower than the previous goal. Next will be what I weighed when we got married, 20 lbs lower that the previous goal and then another 30 lbs and I will be at what I weighed when we got married. WHEN I get to that weight, if I don't lose another ounce that will be ok. I will technically still be overweight by about 40 pounds based on what all the charts say but I can honestly say that when I met Phil I was happier with what I weighed and how I looked than when I graduated high school and that was 70lbs lighter! So I am 88 pounds away from my final goal. In my opinion that is in sight because I have already lost 64 so what's another 88 after this?

I CAN DO THIS!! And would love to do this with Phil.

Karen
  1. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
    1 Corinthians 6:18-20 

0 comments:

Post a Comment